Where: New South Wales, Australia (33.0° S, 151.6° E: paleocoordinates 66.5° S, 144.3° E)
• coordinate estimated from map
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Belmont Conglomerate Member (Croudace Bay Formation), Changhsingian (254.0 - 252.3 Ma)
• From horizon 70 feet below base of Fassifern Coal, according to Knight (1950). Fassifern coal dated at 253.38 +/- 0.08 Ma and the underlying Upper Pilot A seam at 253.55 +/- 0.06 Ma by Metcalf et al. (2015).
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: pond; lithified, fine-grained, tuffaceous, gray chert
Size classes: macrofossils, mesofossils
Collected by M.S. Stanley, O. Le M. Knight
• Collected by Malcolm Stanley and types and other specimens donated to the Australian Museum. Much of material in Riek (1953) was collected by O. Le M. Knight from Warner's Bay-Belmont area.
Primary reference: C. Davis. 1942. Hemiptera and Copeognatha from the Upper Permian of New South Wales. Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales 67:111-122 [M. Clapham/M. Clapham] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 122433: authorized by Matthew Clapham, entered by Matthew Clapham on 27.12.2011
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)