Where: Japan (39.0° N, 141.5° E: paleocoordinates 19.4° N, 110.5° E)
• coordinate estimated from map
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Hosoo Formation, Kungurian (279.5 - 272.5 Ma)
• In the Kamiyasse area, a late Artinskian–early Kungurian fusulinid Pseudofusulina fusiformis (Schellwien) occurs from near the top of the Nakadaira Formation (Tazawa, 1973, 1976); and some Roadian ammonoids Adrianites sp. and Demarezites sp. occur from the middle Hosoo Formation (Ehiro and Misaki, 2005). Therefore, a Kungurian age has been expected for the lower Hosoo Formation.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified, gray, sandy shale
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by T. Shintani
• Repository: Department of Geology, Niigata University, Niigata, Japan (NU-B).
Primary reference: J. I. Tazawa and K. Nakamura. 2015. Early Permian (Kungurian) brachiopods from Nakadaira, South Kitakami Belt, northeastern Japan. Paleontological Research 19:156-177 [M. Clapham/M. Clapham] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 167888: authorized by Matthew Clapham, entered by Matthew Clapham on 05.04.2015
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)