Where: Nei Mongol, China (41.3° N, 119.2° E: paleocoordinates 42.9° N, 122.8° E)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Daohugou Formation, Callovian to Callovian (164.7 - 155.7 Ma)
• The age of the Daohugou fauna has been controversial. Liu et al. (2012) obtained U-Pb shrimp ages of 160.5 and 161.0 Myr on ash beds associated with fossils of the Daohugou fauna, suggesting a Callovian-Oxfordian age.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: lacustrine - large; lithified, tuffaceous shale
Size classes: macrofossils, mesofossils
Preservation: mold/impression, adpression
Collection methods: bulk, quarrying, mechanical
• Repository: Key Lab of Insect Evolutionary and Environment Change, College of Life Sciences, Capital Normal University, Beijing, China.
Primary reference: Y. N. Lu, X. Y. Liu, and D. Ren. 2015. First record of the fossil snakefly genus Mesoraphidia (Insecta: Raphidioptera: Mesoraphidiidae) from the Middle Jurassic of China, with description of a new species. Zootaxa 3999:560-570 [M. Clapham/M. Clapham] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 172659: authorized by Matthew Clapham, entered by Matthew Clapham on 15.08.2015
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)