Also known as #88
Where: San Juan County, New Mexico (36.5° N, 108.5° W: paleocoordinates 43.8° N, 79.8° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Fruitland Formation, Late/Upper Campanian (84.9 - 70.6 Ma)
• within the upper 15.2 m of the Fruitland. Two fossil horizons, approx. 20cm apart.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; concretionary, ferruginous mudstone and calcareous sandstone
Size classes: macrofossils, mesofossils
Collection methods: bulk, surface (float), chemical, sieve,
• MNA locality #88, used tandem screen boxes, with 1/16 inch mesh size and 1/25 inch mesh. Some samples were disaggregated using Amine 220 and Methyl Amyl Alcohol.
Primary reference: J. G. Armstrong-Ziegler. 1978. An aniliid snake and associated vertebrates from the Campanian of New Mexico. Journal of Paleontology 52(2):480-483 [J. Alroy/E. Leckey/E. Leckey] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 36541: authorized by John Alroy, entered by Erin Leckey on 03.02.2004
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)