Where: Gansu, China (41.6° N, 97.6° E: paleocoordinates 42.0° N, 93.0° E)
• coordinate estimated from map
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Upper Gray Beds Member (Zhonggou Formation), Early/Lower Albian to Early/Lower Albian (112.6 - 105.3 Ma)
• unnamed lower part of group; = Xinminpu Group. "middle gray unit" of formation.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: fluvial-lacustrine; fine-grained, gray, red sandstone
Size classes: macrofossils, mesofossils
Collected in 1992; reposited in the IVPP
Collection methods: quarrying, surface (float), surface (in situ), mechanical,
• Collected by the Sino-Japanese Silk Road Dinosaur Expedition.
Primary reference: Z. Dong. 1997. On small theropods from Mazongshan area, Gansu Province, China. In Z. Dong (ed.), Sino-Japanese Silk Road Dinosaur Expedition. China Ocean Press, Beijing 13-18 [M. Carrano/M. Carrano/M. Carrano] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 45166: authorized by Matthew Carrano, entered by Matthew Carrano on 08.10.2004
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)