Also known as historical locality "Eckingen"
Where: Baden-Württemberg, Germany (48.4° N, 9.9° E: paleocoordinates 48.4° N, 7.7° E)
• coordinate stated in text
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Ulmer Schichten Member (Lower Freshwater Molasse Formation), Aquitanian (23.0 - 20.4 Ma)
• stratigraphy is from Werner (1994)
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: fluvial-lacustrine; gray, calcareous marl and limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected in 19th century; reposited in the BSP, NMB, SMNS
• The quarry provided fossils described in the 19th century by famous early paleontologists such as H. von Meyer and M. Schlosser. The locality is not accessible anymore (Werner, 1994).
Primary reference: R. Dehm. 1938. Heteromyoxus n. g. and Dyromys Thomas, zwei Schlafmäuse im Untermiozän (Aquitanium) von Ulm; (Heteromyoxus n. gen. and Dyromys Thomas from the Lower Miocene (Aquitanian) of Ulm). Zentralblatt für Mineralogie, Abteilung B 9(2):337-343 [J. Alroy/S. Kuemmell/S. Kuemmell] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 52566: authorized by John Alroy, entered by Susanna Kümmell on 11.08.2005, edited by Lars van den Hoek Ostende and Juliette Richter
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)