Also known as W 61 F
Where: Haiti (18.3° N, 72.5° W: paleocoordinates 18.3° N, 72.4° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Pleistocene (2.6 - 0.0 Ma)
• Marine deposits are common along the coast where they form narrow fringes, a few places 1 or 2 km wide. The Quaternary deposits everywhere rest on the underlying formations unconformably. The unconformity is angular as well as erosional, even with the Pliocene and Miocene, but at some places where there are no Pliocene deposits the discordance with the Miocene deposits may be slight.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: reef, buildup or bioherm; poorly lithified, shelly/skeletal limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: quarrying,
• Collected by W.P. Woodring, November 1, 1920.
Primary reference: W. P. Woodring, J. S. Brown, and W.S. Burbank. 1924. Geology of the Republic of Haiti. 1-631 [A. Miller/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: general faunal/floral analysis
PaleoDB collection 60893: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 26.05.2006, edited by Wolfgang Kiessling
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)