Where: Brazil (32.2° S, 52.2° W: paleocoordinates 32.2° S, 52.2° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Late/Upper Pleistocene (0.1 - 0.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: Unknown lithostratigraphic unit. THICKNESS: From drill hole of at least 231 m thick, from 21 m thick unit. AGE: Stated to be Holocene, based of faunal similarity with Uruguan and Argentinian Holocene assemblages, although similarity with Pleistocene of these regions also discussed. Assigned here to Late Pleistocene based of depth in core. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From 210-231 m in drill hole.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; unlithified siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: core,
• COLLECTOR: Petrobas Petroleum Company. REPOSITORY: Unknown repository, possibly the School of Geology, National Science Institute, Brazil.
Primary reference: I. R. da Silva Forti. 1969. Cenozoic Mollusks from the drillholes Cassino and Palmares do Sul of the Coastal Plain of Rio Grande do Sul. Iheringia Geologia 2:55-155 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/P. Wagner] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 72135: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 25.05.2007
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)