Where: Myanmar (21.1° N, 94.8° E: paleocoordinates 13.8° N, 97.6° E)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Sitsayan Formation, Rupelian (33.9 - 28.4 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC DATA: Unknown stratigraphic data other than approximating Stampian in age.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: Include R. Bahadur, S. R. Rau, and the Burma Oil Co. and British Burma Petroleum Co. REPOSITORY: Unknown, probably Geological Survey of India, or BMNH.
Primary reference: E. Vredenburg. 1921. Comparative diagnoses of Pleurotomidae from the Tertiary formations of Burma. Records of the Geological Survey of India 53:83-129 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 76592: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 23.11.2007
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)