Where: Queensland, Australia (23.3° S, 144.6° E: paleocoordinates 54.6° S, 133.2° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Tambo Group, Late/Upper Albian (105.3 - 99.7 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Tambo Series [here treated as a group], for which lithostratigraphic relationships are not stated. AGE: Late Albian, on the basis of ammonoid biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position in local section.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: lithified, yellow, argillaceous limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Unknown collector. REPOSITORY: Australian National Museum.
Primary reference: F. W. Whitehouse. 1926. The Cretaceous Ammonoidea of Eastern Australia. Memoirs of the Queensland Museum 8(3):195-242 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 83937: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 09.09.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)