Where: Colombia (11.0° N, 75.0° W: paleocoordinates 9.9° N, 71.2° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Los Perdices Shale Formation, Early/Lower Miocene (23.0 - 16.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From an undifferentiated part of the Los Perdices Gp (=Los Perdices Shale), which regionally underlies the Tuberá Gp (Early-Late Miocene) and overlies the "Poso Series" (Oligocene). AGE: Early Miocene on the basis of molluscan and foraminiferal biostratigraphy, although this is an antiquated assignment and subject to revision; also Lower Miocene in Gertman (1969). STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From horizon L.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; poorly lithified shale
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Andeson
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: F. Andeson, c. 1920's. REPOSITORY: California Academy of Sciences (CAS).
Primary reference: F. M. Anderson. 1929. Marine Miocene and related deposits of North Colombia. Proceedings of the Academy of Sciences 18(4):73-213 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 88330: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 07.04.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)