Where: Jordan (30.1° N, 35.4° E: paleocoordinates 8.9° N, 29.2° E)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Ajlun Group, Cenomanian (99.7 - 94.3 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the undifferentiated Shuayb/Hummar/Fuheis formations of the Ajlun Gp, which overly the Kurnub Sandstone and is overlain by the Wadias Sir Limestone. AGE: Cenomanian, on the basis of macrofossil biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: lithified dolomite and lithified, nodular limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Berndt
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Presumably the author, R. Berndt. REPOSITORY: University of Würzburg.
Primary reference: R. Berndt. 2003. Cenomanian echinoids from Southern Jordan. N. Jb. Geol. Palaont. Mh 2003(2):73-90 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 96249: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 29.05.2010
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)