Where: Imperial County, California (32.8° N, 116.0° W: paleocoordinates 32.6° N, 114.8° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Early/Lower Pliocene (5.3 - 3.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Imperial Formation, for which lithostratigraphic relationships are not discussed. AGE: Early Pliocene, based on existing (more recent) collections. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; poorly lithified sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Bowers in 1904; reposited in the USGS
Collection methods: bulk,
• COLLECTORS: S. Bowers, 1904. REPOSITORY: USGS.
Primary reference: G. D. Hanna. 1926. Paleontology of Coyote Mountain, Imperial County, California. Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences 14(18):427-503 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 96541: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 11.06.2010
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)