Where: Baja California Sur, Mexico (27.0° N, 113.2° W: paleocoordinates 26.1° N, 106.8° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Isidro Formation, Early/Lower Miocene (23.0 - 16.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Isidro Formation, for which lithostratigraphic relationships are not discussed. AGE: Lower Miocene. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position in formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; fine-grained, gray sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Hake
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: B.F. Hake. REPOSITORY: Unknown, possibly LSJU.
Primary reference: L. G. Hertlein and E. K. Jordan. 1927. Paleontology of the Miocene of Lower California. Proceedings of the Academy of Sciences 16(19):605-647 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/J. Marcot] more details
Purpose of describing collection: general faunal/floral analysis
PaleoDB collection 96570: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 12.06.2010
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)