Where: Panama (8.5° N, 82.8° W: paleocoordinates 8.3° N, 82.2° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• hand sample-level geographic resolution
When: Charco Azul Formation, Pliocene (5.3 - 2.6 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From Charco Azul Formation (Olsson 1942), which unconformably underlies the Armurelles Fm (Pleistocene). AGE: Pliocene in Olsson (1942) as it is overlain by very different Pleistocene fauna age; supported by other sources, including Collins and Coates (1999). Correlated to Jama and Canoa Formations of Ecuador. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within section.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: offshore; tuffaceous shale
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the USNM
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Unknown, but circa 1984-1985. REPOSITORY: Presumably the USNM.
Primary reference: P. Jung. 1989. Revision of the Strombina-group (Gastropoda; Columbellidae), fossil and living. Schweierische Paläontologische Abhandlungen 111:1-298 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 130893: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 16.07.2012
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)