Where: Falkland Islands (Malvinas) (51.9° S, 58.9° W: paleocoordinates 64.0° S, 48.4° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Saladero Member (Brenton Loch Formation), Capitanian (265.0 - 259.0 Ma)
• All specimens were collected from a single bed located 1 m above the base of the section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: lacustrine; lithified, gray siltstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by P. Stone; M.G. Simões, F. Quaglio, L.V. Warren in 2001, 2004; 2011; reposited in the BGS
• Repository: Stone specimens in British Geological Survey Palaeontology Collection, Nottingham, UK, under the code LX1010. Simões et al. specimens at the Laboratorio de Paleontologia e Sistematica of the Institute of Geosciences, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil, under the prefix GP.
Primary reference: M. G. Simões, F. Quaglio, L. V. Warren, L. E. Anelli, P. Stone, C. Riccomini, C. H. Grohmann and M. A. C. Chamani. 2012. Permian non-marine bivalves of the Falkland Islands and their palaeoenvironmental significance. Alcheringa 36:543-554 [M. Clapham/M. Clapham] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 136877: authorized by Matthew Clapham, entered by Matthew Clapham on 05.12.2012
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)