Where: Minas Gerais, Brazil (20.2° S, 43.3° W: paleocoordinates 21.2° S, 35.3° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Fonseca Formation, Priabonian (37.2 - 33.9 Ma)
• Most sources assign an Eocene age, but some say Priabonian/Rupelian.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: lacustrine; lithified, argillaceous shale
Size classes: macrofossils, mesofossils
Collected by Elias Dolianiti in <1944
• Repository: Divisao de Geologica, Avenida Pasteur 404, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Primary reference: A. E. Emerson. 1965. A review of the Mastotermitidae (Isoptera), including a new fossil genus from Brazil. American Museum Novitates 2236:1-46 [M. Clapham/M. Clapham] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 154945: authorized by Matthew Clapham, entered by Matthew Clapham on 22.03.2014
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)