Also known as Near Lamja
Where: Nigeria (9.9° N, 11.9° E: paleocoordinates 4.8° S, 4.9° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Coniacian (89.3 - 85.8 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From unknown lithostratigraphic unit. AGE: Coniacian, on the basis of ammonite biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From upper limestones.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: offshore; lithified shale
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression
Collected by Kitson
• COLLECTOR: A. Kitson. REPOSITORY: Not stated in text.
Primary reference: R. A. Reyment. 1954. Some new Upper Cretaceous ammonites from Nigeria. Colonial Geology and Mineral Resources 4(3):248-270 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/M. Clapham] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 82763: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 01.08.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)