Where: Burlington County, New Jersey (40.0° N, 75.0° W: paleocoordinates 39.2° N, 44.8° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Merchantville Formation, Early/Lower Campanian (84.9 - 70.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Merchantville Fm, which is overlain by the Englishtown Fm. AGE: Early Campanian, on the basis of ammonoid biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Mostly from lower part of formation, 0.9-1.5 m above base.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified, quartzose, silty sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the ANSP, USNM
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Not stated in text. REPOSITORY: USNM.
Primary reference: W. J. Kennedy and W. A. Cobban. 1993. Lower Campanian (Upper Cretaceous) ammonites from the Merchantville Formation of New Jersey, Maryland, and Delaware. Journal of Paleontology 67(5):828-849 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 88610: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 16.04.2009, edited by Mark Uhen, Matthew Carrano and Roger Benson
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)