Where: Venezuela (11.0° N, 71.7° W: paleocoordinates 7.7° N, 41.1° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Late/Upper Aptian (122.5 - 112.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Apón Fm, whcih is conformable and gradational with the underlying Río Negro Fm, overlies in other places Triassic-pre-Cambrian beds, overlain by the Aguadiente Fm. AGE: Late Aptian-Middle Albian; placed by enterer in the Late Aptian on the basis of mention of key ammonite horizon dated as such. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From multiple beds in the formation.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: lithified limestone and lithified, gray, calcareous shale
Size classes: macrofossils, microfossils
Preservation: original calcite
Collected by Dusenbury
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: A. N. Dusenbury (unpublished). REPOSITORY: Not stated in text.
Primary reference: F. A. Sutton. 1946. Geology of Maracaibo Basin, Venezuela: part 1. American Association of Petroleum Geologists Bulletin 30(10):1621-1738 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/P. Wagner] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 94208: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 11.02.2010
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)