Where: Utah (38.7° N, 109.6° W: paleocoordinates 38.2° N, 59.8° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Yellow Cat Member (Cedar Mountain Formation), Barremian (130.0 - 125.5 Ma)
• "The Doelling's Bowl area preserves a particularly thick section of the Yellow Cat Member" ""ankylosaur, iguanodontid, and dromaeosaurid skeletal remains that are all compatible with an Early Cretaceous age"
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: terrestrial; chert
Size classes: macrofossils, mesofossils
• "ankylosaur, iguanodontid, and dromaeosaurid skeletal remains"
Primary reference: J. I. Kirkland and S. K. Madsen. 2007. The Lower Cretaceous Cedar Mountain Formation, Eastern Utah: The view up an always interesting learning curve. Utah Geological Association Publication 35 1-108 [M. Carrano/M. Carrano/M. Oreska] more details
Purpose of describing collection: general faunal/floral analysis
PaleoDB collection 97954: authorized by Matthew Carrano, entered by Matthew Oreska on 09.09.2010, edited by Roger Benson and Philip Mannion
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)