Where: Cumberland County, New Jersey (39.4° N, 75.2° W: paleocoordinates 39.6° N, 70.8° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Shiloh Marl Member (Kirkwood Formation), Early/Lower Miocene (23.0 - 16.0 Ma)
• No lithostratigraphic details or stratigraphic relationships provided in text. Equivalent in age and slightly older than the Calvert Formaiton of Maryland and Virginia. Overlain by the Cohansey Sand with a time transgressive contact, Kirkwood Formation is Burdigalian-Langhian in age.
• member-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; poorly lithified sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the USNM
• Collections reposited in ANSP, USNM and USGS collections.
Primary reference: H. G. Richards and A. Harbison. 1942. Miocene invertebrate fauna of New Jersey. Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia 94:167-250 [A. Miller/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 59717: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 10.04.2006
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)