Where: Pinellas County, Florida (27.8° N, 82.7° W: paleocoordinates 27.8° N, 82.3° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Caloosahatchee Formation, Early/Lower Pleistocene (2.6 - 0.8 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From Caloosahatchee Fm. AGE: Early Pleistocene. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Unknown position within formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; unlithified, shelly/skeletal marl
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: original aragonite, original calcite
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Fargo, Locklin, and others. REPOSITORY: ANSP, Phialdelphia.
Primary reference: A. A. Olsson and A. Harbison. 1953. Pliocene Mollusca of Southern Florida. Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia Monograph 8:1-457 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: paleoecologic analysis
PaleoDB collection 79331: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 01.03.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)