Where: Gilchrist County, Florida (29.8° N, 82.9° W: paleocoordinates 29.9° N, 75.2° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Williston Limestone Formation (Ocala Group), Priabonian (37.2 - 33.9 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Willistone Limestone of the Ocala Group, for which lithostratigraphic relationships are not discussed. AGE: Upper Eocene in text, consistent with other collections; Jackson Stage = Priabonian. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within formation.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: lithified, shelly/skeletal limestone
Collection methods: bulk, core, chemical, mechanical,
• tr = trace of species found, but no volume percentage determined due to low specimen count of this taxa.
Primary reference: A. H. Cheetham. 1963. Late Eocene Zoogeography of the Eastern Gulf Coast Region. The Geological Society of America Memoir 91:1-113 [L. Ivany/E. Kowalski] more details
Purpose of describing collection: paleoecologic analysis
PaleoDB collection 7318: authorized by Linda Ivany, entered by Elizabeth Kowalski on 23.05.2000
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)