Where: Guizhou, China (27.6° N, 106.7° E: paleocoordinates 30.6° N, 160.0° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Niutitang Formation, Atdabanian (520.0 - 516.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Niutitang Fm for which lithostratigraphic relationships are not discussed. AGE: Qiongzhusian = Atdabanian. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From the upper Qiongzhusian age Niutitang Fm.
• member-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: offshore; lithified, green siltstone and lithified, black shale
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: soft parts, replaced with silica
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Multiple collectors. REPOSITORY: Not stated in text.
Primary reference: M. Steiner, M. Zhu, Y. Zhao and B.-D. Erdtmann. 2005. Lower Cambrian Burgess Shale-type fossil associations of South China. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 220:129-152 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 86849: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 21.02.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)