Where: England, United Kingdom (50.7° N, 2.9° W: paleocoordinates 37.4° N, 3.8° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Early/Lower Sinemurian (196.5 - 189.6 Ma)
• "Lower Lias" is only stratigraphic info given, but most fish come from the Bucklandi and Semicostatum zones of the Early Sinemurian, specially the "Fish Bed" and "Fish Bed shales" - both in the Semicostatum zone, but also from the "Saurian shales" and other lower beds in the Bucklandi zone.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified lithology not reported
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the BMNH
• Includes all BMNH material where "Lyme Regis" is the only location information.
Primary reference: A. S. Woodward. 1889. Catalogue of the Fossil Fishes in the British Museum (Natural History) Part 1 1-613 [M. Clapham/P. Vazquez/M. Clapham] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 122153: authorized by Matthew Clapham, entered by Matthew Clapham on 17.12.2011, edited by Jered Karr, Priscilla Vazquez, Jonathan Tennant and Roger Benson
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)