Also known as Hayward's Quarry
Where: Massachusetts (42.2° N, 71.0° W: paleocoordinates 35.1° S, 82.9° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Braintree Member (Chamberlain's Brook Formation), St Davids (513.0 - 501.0 Ma)
• With the exception of a comment that trilobitres occur through about 30 m of scetion in the upper part of the quarry (Shaler, 1871, p. 174) detailed information on the stratigraphic range of trilobites and stratigraphy in Hayward's Quarry was never recorded in any publication known to us.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified, bioturbated, gray, green siltstone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the MCZ, USNM
• Collected by many workers in late 1800's and early 1900's. Collection is based soley on museum specimens (in large numbers) as locality no longer exists.
Primary reference: G. Geyer and E. Landing. 2001. Middle Cambrian of Avalonian Massachusetts: Stratigraphy and correlation of the Braintree trilobites. Journal of Paleontology 75(1):116-135 [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 49340: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 13.04.2005
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)